Saturday, May 26, 2007

KL Log II

To my dear tray of banana muffins,
I return to you with my last testament of the chain of events i recently experienced in the putrid land of Kay El. After many days of utter boredom and cold, i was at my wit's end trying to phoegure out a way to dissipate the monotony and well, live a little. So i whip out my cellphone and called, Eva the Diva.

"That's great! I was just wanting to go to Times Square and was looking for a shopping buddy! I'll pick you up at KLCC."

I love Eva.

No, really.

And thus my day was saved by that wonderwoman of a pal! She was looking for a pair of stage shoes for herself, but my sister and i ended up buying more than she did.

If you need a shopping buddy, Eva's the one to call!

She gave us great feedback and ultimatums to help with purchase related decisions. And we shopped till we literally dropped. I love all the stuff we bought. And Eva made us put them on immediately too! We must've looked horrible. Haha.

By the 22nd hour of that day, I had:
1. A smashing top
2. A pair of shoes
3. A pair of quarter pants

4. A content stomach


Announcement: As many would know, I was waiting on a college's decision to offer me exemptions for credit transfers, but that didn't work out. They offered me admission alright, but no transfers. My parents weren't too happy with this and so I'm not going to college anymore. I'll be in Taiping, doing what i can in church, and mayhaps I'll get back to college hunting soon. It'll be okay, I'm sure. *grins*

To continue the rest of the story, the remaining part of the week was spent settling my little sister down, teaching her how to take the train and bus and showing her around college. I also took her to KLCC! She loved every bit of it.

Somewhere in the week, I talked to Joash about getting a new phone for myself. My keypads were getting a little too hard for typing, so I thought of trading in my Samsung X330 to buy a secondhand phone. Joash swore by his Nokia 3310, the legendary brick of communication devices. *chuckles* But I'd already decided to purchase a second-hand Sony Ericsson K700. Unfortunate for me, the market value for my cellphone had dropped steeply and it would be a horrendous waste to trade it in for less than a hundred dollars. Later, my best friend helped me decide to just keep my Samsung till it gives up its ghost and then get another phone.

However, my sister needed a phone right away and so i bought the SE K700 for 250 dollars (it was going for 320 dollars). And now it rests safely in her pocket ready for communication. CALL HER! *lol*

Before leaving the land of Kay El, guess what i did - guess what i did - guess what i did?? We took a train and a car ride to Desa Sri Hartamas, KL Jam Asia to watch OCEAN OF FIRE at the BOSS_ADDICTION gig! I'm their true blue fan and of course, it helps that i used to be a part of them once! It was so awesome to have had the opportunity to watch them play LIVE again. The last time i saw them, they'd just won the National Asian Beat Championship held in the Rum Jungle last December!

So I cheered them on between 5 to 7.30pm, and won an inflatable synthetic pillow from BOSS too! Lovely souvenir. (I took a lotta pictures on my sister's cellphone, but forgot to bluetooth them over. One of these days, promise.) Right after, I whisked my sisters and myself away to Pasar Seni and weaved through Petaling Street to get to Pudu to catch the bus back home. I spent a wonderful Sunday serving in Shekinah AG Taiping. Nothing like home la. For sure.

It was our Royal Rangers Council of Achievement Day and my youngest sister, Theophile had received several merit awards and a certificate. Coo. Her patrol also gave a special number.

So that was that. And now, off to Genting Highlands! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Time to meet the Awesome One and more like-minded hearts! It's going to be COLLOSAL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
My next comment of the day! Hahaha...
I proudly say that I WAS THERE in the bus with her hahahahah...was there for the gig.....was there for the award and was there for the special number played by yours truly lol.....hahaa..wish you the best with the studies and everything...it will be a patient wait for you :) you will achieve the God-given goals in your life! Stay strong!!

nothing of interest here said...

Thanks Tryphena! Very inspirational words!