Wednesday, May 23, 2007

KL Log

To my dear array of chocolate chip cookies,

I've been stranded in the strange land of Kay El for exactly a week now. The things i've been made to do, i dare not mention here, less i be blamed for untimely deaths. Even as i type this, i cannot feel my fingers. It's so cold in here. Not unlike a fish would feel in a freezer.

Even the shopping here is scary.

I was looking for a permanent room to stay in with my sister whilst in this strange land. The first house we came across had a sign outside that listed a "Refrigalator" as one of its facilities. I thought to myself: What in the purple supermarket does a refrigalator do? Refridgerate alligators? They eat alligators in Kay El? How gruesome!

On the same sign, it stated that the house had a "friedly housemate". They fry their housemates and advertise how well-cooked they are? Ready to be eaten? Cannibalism! How much more horror can i expect from the land of the twin towers?

We came across another house and went to see the available room. There was a sign plastered on the door. They were charging 56 dollars for carpeted floors. Strangely, I didnt see any carpet on the floor. They actually charge for non-existent, invisible carpets? The schmucks!

I also saw some advertisements for three rooms for rent respectively. When I called they asked me: "Are you Chinese or Naught?" Well, I knew for sure i wasn't a "Naught", but i wasn't exactly a full Chinese either. So i answered, "I'm Mixed. Chinese and Indian." To which they replied, "Oh, I'm sorry. Pure chinese only. Go find another house." The impertinent swine!

I have much more to rant about, but honestly who has the time? Have to adapt to the fast-and-furious culture this strange land has. Everybody's rushing somewhere. They don't stop and smell the daisies, cause heck, there aren't any! No one has the time.

Till my next Kay El log, my cookies!

No comments: