Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Joke

Feel like a joke today? *smiles*

me: there once was a lady who had just been divorced. lonely, hurt and full of bitterness, she moved out to the house across the street. one morning, she pulled out the cap of her toothpaste tube to squeeze some onto her toothbrush. instead of toothpaste though, a toothpaste genie emerged.

Joash: wow
that's new
that's fresh

me: haha i appreciate your pun. (i added the genie deal la - gigi rosak tak ada)
anyway (after an hour of sharing his history, the genie said) "...and so Thank you for freeing me from my minty fresh bondage. as a reward i shall grant thee not one, but THREE wishes!"

Joash: HAHA someone in the family didn't brush teeth for ages!!

me: haha the poor woman who had begun hyperventilating, stopped at the very mention of wishes. at this she jumped joyously.
(tell me about it! )
"WEEEEEEeeeeEEEE, Wishes!"
the genie raised his hand to quieten the excited lady. i have but one condition.
the genie said.
"what, what, WHAT?!"

Joash: you're a good story teller

me: (thanks! ) "whatever you wish for, your ex-husband receives thrice as much!"
"WHATTTTT?"
obviously the woman was hitting the roof la. what with all the hatred and bitterness against her ex and all. the genie disappeared giving he 24 hours to decide her first wish. she didnt deliberate much though. she didnt think much about the condition and called the genie out to wish her first wish.
"Genie, I want a mansion fit for a queen and three more!!"
POOF!
that's just what happened.
but guess how many other mansions appeared across the street?

Joash: 3?

me: yes, my boy. THREE!
the lady was violent and didnt hesitate to throw plates at the genie. but the genie chided her in return, " I TOLD YOU. WISH WISELY". after settling, the genie was ready to take her second wish.
yet another 24 hours was given to her, and soon she was ready.
"I wish to be the BOSS of my very successful company!"
Unfortunately, her ex-husband became the boss of THREE.
"arrrrgggghhhhhhh!" said the woman calmly, her eyeballs almost popping out of her face.
the genie shook his head in disdain.

Joash: she said that CALMly?

me: (hahaha just checking if you were listening) "silly woman! i shall give you 72 hours to decide your final wish!"
the woman hid herself in the house for 3 days. deliberating and contemplating ideas.
she drew mind-maps, crumpled paper, ate jello, read romance novels, everything a normal woman would do to prepare herself to make a very important decision.
and then.....
she had it.
she summoned the genie and served it a cup of tea.
the genie had a smirk on his face. he actually was writing a paper, on "why women are stupid" and this was his final chapter. the case-study. "this will be a good day," he thought. "My doctorate of geniedom beckons," he continued thinking.
after tea, the lady stood and cleared her throat and said, "dear genie so bright, i wish with all my might...
(can you guess?)

Joash: she wished for 3 husbands!

me: haha no

Joash: I MEAN JUST ONE. that way the ex husband would have 3 HUSBANDS!

me: hahahhahaha
wow
thats actually quite good.
shall i tell you the real turn out though?

Joash: yes you shall

me: (haha though 3 husbands is harrowing enough an experience for a man to ever go through)

"dear genie so bright, i wish with all my might......that i shalt give birth to TWINS, the prettiest in sight!"

Joash: HAHA
so the husband gives birth to 6 babies?

me: ouch, right? he died la in the end.

Joash: hahaaha...

PSSST! Joash is funnier than I. Read his take on life at http://malaysianlah.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Joash Chan said...

wow, you blogged about it as soon as we finished!! It's like it was all a set up!! Hahaha.

nothing of interest here said...

haha, i didnt set it up la. though, yeah, it does seem like it. *chuckles* i just thought it was a good laugh. your in-betweens made it so much more funnier!

thanks for dropping by!