Thursday, May 17, 2007

Good News

You who bring good tidings to Zion, go up on a high mountain. You who bring good tidings to Jerusalem, lift up your voice with a shout, lift it up, do not be afraid; say to the towns of Judah, "Here is your God!"
-Isaiah 40:9

It's amazing how much one lost Bible can affect so much of me. I've been trying to survive without my Bible for the past few days, borrowing my sister's pink (don't ask) bible to do quiet time with my Lord. I felt disconnected somewhat, reading someone else's bible, but was immediately comforted when i engrossed myself with his word again.

I could've forgotten that it wasn't mine, actually. Until of course, i stumbled across a favorite verse. A verse I had highlighted in my own bible, in fluorescent orange, with a note or two added next it. It seemed empty and bare in my sister's bible. (She didn't like to color hers.) And strangely, that made me feel uncomfortable and disconnected all over again. It's like having a bad Internet connection and having to establish one over and over again due to its instability. Frustrating.

I miss my Bible. But above all, I miss him. I feel the urge to pray every other minute, now that my bible isn't with me. It's as if I hadn't done something i ought. Or as if there's something else i should do. I'm losing focus. I'm forgetting important things. And I left my blinkin' cellphone in the apartment today! Gah.

Maybe i'll just try reading an online Bible. *leaves blogging window to browse other windows*

*returns excitedly after 15 minutes*

Oh my! OH MY!

I'm so excited! Was just chatting with my sibling and she has just informed me that my Bible has been recovered! It waits for me in Taiping!

Oh my Lord, what good news! I'll be seeing you tonight and i can't wait. And this time, no more distractions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you've found your Bible! I agree man, without your own bible, especially one which you've held for so many years, it's very hard to do your quiet time and can cause some uneasiness in it. I recently lost mine, and I know how it feels. I've been doing my quiet time with my mum's bible (huge and large one), and I can tell the differences instantly. I want to buy a new bible soon, but Im still struggling with not having my original bible.

Anyway,s hope to see you soon. Thank God for blogs, at least I can know what's going on with my friends.

nothing of interest here said...

haha wow, thanks for dropping by, lam. and yes i'm very excited that i've gotten back my Bible!

all the best with your own perfect-bible-search. may the times you spend with the Lord grow more and more meaningful to you in each passing day.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha yes yes I remembered telling you that! hahaha...:)

nothing of interest here said...

hahahaha yes, and a lovely day it was too!