Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Oh, Phanuel!

*chuckles*

Can you keep a secret?
I think Phanuel just told me his first lie. *laughs*
(Who is Phanuel? Read: More Than Meets The Eye)

He was holding a piece of steel (probably from a broken clothes-hanger) and was playing around with it. He was playing the percussionist - hitting it on his wooden bedframe in a catchy beat.

If i hadn't mentioned about his passion for music before, i'd best do it now. *haha* Phanuel has a very good ear for music. I'm almost sorry that he's autistic, as i would send him for music classes - without missing a beat! (pardon the pun) He could seriously excel in things like this. *smiles*

Now, back to the topic. He was playing with the piece of steel and i heard his drummings. I entered the bedroom to see what he was up to. When i first saw what he was doing, I was a bit worried. The steel piece he was playing with had looked very sharp, rusty and dangerous.

Me: Phanuel! *exclaims in put-on American slang* What are you doing?
(The Phoebe Commentary: He only understands you in an american slang. He hasn't been exposed to any form of bahasa as he hasn't been to public school, see?)

Phanuel: I... I... *thinks to construct his sentence* I never DO anything!
(The Phoebe Commentary:I almost laughed! He had replied me in American slang but in rotten Manglish grammar!)

Me: *smiling in amusement, but keeping stern tone* What do you mean you didn't do anything? What are you holding?
(The Phoebe Commentary: I like asking him questions when he is trying to speak. It's just to provoke him to be more verbal in his expressions; instead of tantrums and gibberish)

Phanuel: I... I... never HOLD anything!
Me: There! You're holding that! *pointing at steel thing in his hands* Where did you take it from?
Phanuel: I... I... *hides the steel thing behind his back* I never TAKE anything!

*chuckles* Now tell me, how do you scold anyody as adorable as that?

2 comments:

Eva S. said...

Lol... CUTE!

I would love to picture when u were talking to him lol...

nothing of interest here said...
This comment has been removed by the author.