Thursday, April 12, 2007

To be Well-Shod

(Sequel to Previous Entry - So Read That First!)

Wearing heels was a huge step for me. But it also taught me something other than just suffering its elevation. Being well-shod is important. i was watching this online sermon, "Fatal Footsteps" by Michael Rowan. If you're not well-shod, it affects your walk, you develop callous feet (improperly balanced feet), corns (caused by repeated friction in the same areas - the deeper the corn, the more irritating the pressure will be), etcetera.

I asked myself immediately, "Am I well shod?" (Am i protecting my feet right?)

We may care very much about how our webbed duck-like feet looks like in the physical, but can we say the same for our spiritual feet? If you don't watch your steps, it may affect your walk with Christ. You may develop a "callousness", due to improperly balanced lifestyles. There may be certain individuals who may constantly irritate you (by word or action), and most of the time, you allow their petty actions/words to affect you. The more that is allowed to happen, the worse the "corn" gets.

So how do we shod our feet spiritually?

Michael mentioned that we should be shodding our feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; for the steps of the righteous man is ordered of God.

I came across a verse in Psalm that provided some insight to that.

"Guide my steps by Your word, so I will not be overcome by evil." Psalm 119:133

So, if you'll excuse me, I need to go "shod my feet".

2 comments:

Eva S. said...

hey~~~~~~

Lovely lady, I didn know you have a blog wei... good good now I will haev urs in mine..... blog ahah

Miss u!!!

nothing of interest here said...

Haha, heyya eva! thanks for dropping by.