Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Pensive Adagio.

A friend asked me if i was doing alright. Truth is, I'm not sure. I mean, I'm happy. But this is something past the trivial school life, assignments and such. It's an inward battle that i will soon need to have ironed out. So, I'll just borrow the answer i sent, and post it here - to serve as a reminder for me, really. More than anything else.

I wrote:

it's something i'm figuring out. it isn't like...school or anything trivial like that, i would think. i remember the last time i felt this way. and it kinda marked an uncomfortable transition period of decisions and waiting. But something great came out of it. I'm here in Bemidji now! so maybe it's just God's way of saying, "okay, enough of this! You can handle more. Time for you to keep growing."

and it makes me shift in my seat a lil just thinking about it. I think change is important and good. (and helps me evade depression from the repetitive routines we tend to get ourselves into.) but at the same time, growing comes with complementary growing pains too.

oh well, let it come, i say. I'll just try to be more receptive and make myself accessible to what God wants to do. whatever that may be.

No comments: