Monday, March 31, 2008

What have I accomplished?

It's crazy how time passes. It's the end of March, as it is. Didn't we just celebrate the new year?

I turned 22, two thursdays ago. (I received some pretty wacky gifts, by the way and will blog about them sometime soon.) But where did all my years go? What, on purple earth, have i been doing? I don't so much as HAVE bragging rights to having completed...ANYTHING!

I'm supposed to be leaving for America this Fall. Fall seemed so far away a couple of months back. But now... it's a measely 5 months away. 5 months and I'm leaving. How did it become so soon?

It scares me how i'm never really in control of my life. Especially the timeline. I mean, sure, i can plan. Hardly anything goes my way though. I don't wanna just be the spectator. I wanna be etching milestones and planting them at every mile. I wanna be leaving a legacy....proper!

If i die today, would i ever be able to live with myself-in-the-eternal-realm knowing that all I've done was watch time pass me by?

I feel like I'm running out of time - and at most times, i feel like i am THIS close to hitting the "panic" button. and just...

...screaming.

...screaming.

and

...SCREAMING.

Nevertheless, no matter how inadequate i am at running my life, it is a blessed assurance to know that I have a Hero who's watching my back. Never let me go.



Currently, listening to: "Jesus, take the wheel." - Kerry Underwood

No comments: