Monday, October 29, 2007

Progress

It's been a heavy week for me. Chemistry and Physics MidTerms, church responsibilities, a good friend's engagement, a weekend sleepover, a good friend's house-shifting, assignments, and a proposal for an event-managing competition that eventually didn't work out (much to my disappointment).

but in the words of Tabitha Ong, "Nyahh, you don't need them anyway!"

*chuckles*

At the engagement of my friend, i bumped into a producer cum studio owner whom i'd previously met sometime ago. We talked music to pass the waiting time - and then he told me he'd heard a recording of me and my buddies. It wasn't a very professional recording; it was something me and my buddies had done for fun, as a tribute to our common passion for music-making. He spoke of the potential he could grasp as he heard the recording and i immediately took the cue. i asked him for his advice in helping me develop my sound.

yeah, i was fishing, blindfolded. But you can never tell what you can dish out.

To my surprise, he agreed. He shared about how his studio will be moving to SS13, and around INTI college subang jaya too (ss15)! And how he'd love to help get me guest musicians to help me make a professional demo, since i was serious in pursuing a career in music. Side-career, at the very least. :)

So that was Saturday.

Today, I was chatting on Windows Live Messenger and saw a new friend of mine online. He had previously messaged me some enquiries, and i hadn't replied him yet. so i decided to reply him via instant messaging. the beauty of technology! *chuckles* Now, this person happens to be a very good, all-rounded musician. Someway down the conversation, he offered to help me make a demo of "Far Away" my latest song. I threw in another song into the bargain, as i knew my song would be in good hands. "My Corner of the Sky" has a wicked riff that i had made up and i'd definitely needed all the help i can get.

Joash was online as well and randomly suggested we record a couple of songs over the upcoming school holidays with the youth of FCC. I was all up for it. The more projects the better, I say!

And just as simply as one can get into a conversation, my music ventures has begun to look far more promising than i'd ever expected in such a short span of time! Truly God knows the desires of one's heart, and just loves to surprise!

I AM PSYCHED!!

I loved my surprise gift, Lord. You are so amazing. Loving you more and more each passing day.

No comments: